SEO Blog Logs

Help the Kids



What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?
SEO is improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site or page from the search engines using natural organic and algorithmic search results (SERPs).

SEO is actually a component of SEM (Search Engine Marketing). Which encompasses many avenues with which to promote a web site or page.
If you have come here looking for SEO help, you have found a blog that can help you. There is much information here to be held and please feel free to comment anytime...Even with a question.

September 4, 2007

Cog Blog 100th Post | Top 10 Posts


100 days ago this Blog began... A post a day will keep the sleep away! The mission then, remains the mission today.... To provide news and SEO information suited for even new webmasters. Many Blogs and forums offer plenty of information for experienced webmasters, but fall short when helping the less experienced. When I started, this was a hurdle for me too. I decided to provide a place where a new webmaster or an experienced webmaster could find helpful information that was more easily absorbed than commonly found. No judgements or limited explanations, just the facts as best I could explain them.

So here we are 100 posts later, and the Blog is coming along OK. I have no plans of slowing down, so you will be able to come here in the future and find helpful posts and ask questions. While I certainly do not have the answers to everything, I can generally find out. This Blog was described to me by a friend who has no webmaster experience as "being very easy to understand", so on that note I'll call it a success. Thanks to everyone who has linked, stopped by, emailed or commented....I hope you found something helpful!


TOP 10 POSTS



  1. Freshest Google Results - How to be the Most Recent Results - Keeping it fresh as Google moves to a fresher index. Making the freshness indicator work for you.


  2. How to get New Sites Indexed Quickly ~ Guide to Google Indexing - Try my plan for fast and big indexing results for new and older sites. This is a process I have been tweaking for 14 site launches.


  3. My Favorite SEO Places on the Web - My list of favorite SEO sites that I frequent. Also a few added from a my friend Tim Nash.


  4. Google's Search String Guide List of Search Parameters - A guide to Google's search operators and their use. It was updated on 8/1/07.


  5. Successful Site Launch Making a Plan - Step by step guide to successfully launching a new site. Avoiding commons problems, before they are problems.


  6. Google User Stats Recipe for Success - Part 3 in the demographics and statistics study. Google's user stats, and how to take advantage of them.


  7. Search Results Page Real Estate - Distribution of Clicks - Click percentages by page and position...And a few surprises. Sometimes less is more!


  8. Web Syndication Article and Content Distribution - Syndicating and establishing ownership of your content. Building authority with articles.


  9. User Generated Content Liability and Marketability - Making use of user generated content with a mind to it's management and inherent liabilities. Marketing your user interactive sites.


  10. SEO Small Touches With BIG Results - Small changes and additions for your pages that pay off well. Some of the little things you can do, when you are on the shorter end of time management.

If your favorite is not here, comment and I will add it for sure! Thanks to you all for stopping by!

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.


John Burroughs

Peace and SEO



Melanie Prough
"Baby"

DIY Your SEO With The SEOCog
Digg This Post We Require a Link Back to SEOCog.com Please.
**We Require a Link Back Please.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on reaching the hundred post mark!

Hope your still here for the 200 mark!

Melanie Prough said...

Thanks Tim,

Thats the plan.

--Melanie