SEO Blog Logs

Help the Kids



What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?
SEO is improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site or page from the search engines using natural organic and algorithmic search results (SERPs).

SEO is actually a component of SEM (Search Engine Marketing). Which encompasses many avenues with which to promote a web site or page.
If you have come here looking for SEO help, you have found a blog that can help you. There is much information here to be held and please feel free to comment anytime...Even with a question.

August 29, 2007

SEO | Small Touches With BIG Results

Read Small Touches With BIG Results at the NEW Home of the Cog Blog

2 Comments:

Marina said...

This is a great article. I found some tips that I knew, but also some that I will work on. Thanx.

I also have one question if you can answer me: - if I make on one page with url example: www.domainname.com/xxx.html a lot of links to different users but on same domain (differentusername.domainname.com) do I loose or gain points in SEO and page rank?

Melanie Prough said...

Hi Marina,
Thanks for the comment.
As far as your question...
You do not gain Page Rank by linking to others, you gain PR by them linking to you. The same scenerio you desrcibed for the value of backlinks is complicated. It looks like you are talking about sub domains. There are 2 schools of thought on this...The first theory is no...You get 1 link. The second theory is, that if they happen to be on a different dedicated IPs you will get depreciated credit for them. As far as the SEO, linking out really doesn't have much value unless it adds relevant value to your page and your users.
Hope I hit what you were looking for..If not, just comment back and I will try again.
--Melanie