SEO Blog Logs

Help the Kids



What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?
SEO is improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site or page from the search engines using natural organic and algorithmic search results (SERPs).

SEO is actually a component of SEM (Search Engine Marketing). Which encompasses many avenues with which to promote a web site or page.
If you have come here looking for SEO help, you have found a blog that can help you. There is much information here to be held and please feel free to comment anytime...Even with a question.

August 15, 2007

Blogging for Authority - A Growing Google Metric

Read Blogging for Authority at the new home of the SEO Cog

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the insightful tips. I've been doing a lot of this already, so it's really nice to see confirmation that I've been on the right track.

But could I talk you into expanding a little on article syndication? Maybe even having a look at my own blog and site (optional, and I'm asking for advice, not trying to spam up some traffic)? I've written a handful of articles on my site, and launched a blog to complement it to share my insight and experience in my chosen field.

But I've never syndicated articles - that's something I'd like to test the waters about. I don't know the first thing about even how to get started, and you seem to be pretty knowledgeable here ... so can I talk you into expanding on the topic a bit? Things like how to find sites that will carry my articles, whether I should look for "article directories" or write for sites in my niche ( or both? ), what to consider, what makes one popular and so on?

Thanks!

Melanie Prough said...

Hi Forrest,

Tell you what, I have been studying the subject quite a bit myself. It's very rough waters, but I will see if I can deliver a proper guide to syndication and some example sites for articles tomorrow.

Peace
Melanie