SEO Blog Logs

Help the Kids



What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?
SEO is improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site or page from the search engines using natural organic and algorithmic search results (SERPs).

SEO is actually a component of SEM (Search Engine Marketing). Which encompasses many avenues with which to promote a web site or page.
If you have come here looking for SEO help, you have found a blog that can help you. There is much information here to be held and please feel free to comment anytime...Even with a question.

November 7, 2007

Googlefied SERPs


Click to listen to this postWe pretty much all can tell, Google has been flogging the index recently. I must say right off, I am so glad to see the plague of MFA (Made for Adsense) and spam garbage go away. Won't miss them even a little bit! I wanted to take a minute to bring up a couple other things I noticed in pouring over my new SERPs (Search engine positions).

Firstly I noticed, the "fresher" content, gets the worm. The hit was not big for the sites I have, but sites that have long periods between updates, dropped a bit. The longest period I had was 3 months without an update. I still make new sitemaps every couple of weeks, whether the site is updated or not. So, Google's fresher index is gaining authority.

The other thing I noticed is that the new Geo Targeting tool in your Google Webmaster's Tools, has kicked in. I must say for the sites (5) I used it on, the results are quite dramatic for the short time elapsed. I would strongly suggest you DO NOT use this tool, unless you really want to stick your site to a certain area! The sites still rank for non-location oriented keyword phrases, but the location phrases are very "exact match". If you do use it, try maybe just State, Zipcode, etc. Leave off the street address and City.

All in all, nice work from Google. I see a cleaner and more effective index. I was beginning to feel depressed about being killed in the SERPs, by spam and illegible languages on Google.com. Feeling better about the SEO today!

Peace and SEO

Melanie Prough
"Baby"

DIY Your SEO With The SEOCog
Digg This Post We Require a Link Back to SEOCog.com Please.
**We Require a Link Back Please.

0 Comments: